Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Classroom Sandbox Class and Reuse

I have a Sandbox Class in Google Classroom. The Sandbox is a testing ground for materials. The Sandbox provides a Classroom for the teacher to test ideas and see how things are going to work before going live to regular classes. It is great to be a teacher and a student in the testing ground setups. It is possible for teachers to also have a student account in Google. It requires a little setup with the district level Google folks and I believe it is a critical component for successful Google integration.
I have a large 4th grade group. I set up all the 4th grade students in the same classroom as we rotate through the Technology Special each week. This keeps us all on track through our activities. I created an announcement last week with a bunch of links for students to explore. I did not want this weeks rotation group to see those links yet as it would be a distraction.
There is no way to mute a post in Classroom and I did not want to have to delete the post because I did not want to have to recreate it. The solution I came up with was to Reuse the post in my Sandbox Classroom. I then deleted the post in my regular 4th grade Classroom. Then Thursday I can Reuse the post from my Sandbox and we will be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment